Our Social Investment Packages
Social investment refers to investment that helps facilitate positive social impact.
At A Single Step, we want to support individuals who demonstrate, through their work or community volunteering, a commitment to social justice, social equity and inclusion. The return we seek is your continued capacity to keep doing the great work you already do.
We promote this by providing four individuals each year with a package of four coaching or counselling sessions. These sessions are designed to help you acknowledge and transform problematic thinking and patterns of behaviour, and develop goals and actions that lead towards a preferred future.
Applying for a Social Investment Coaching Package
You can self-nominate or nominate someone else to receive one of our Social Investment Packages, based on our guidelines for eligibility:
- Candidates must be working (paid or unpaid) or studying to work in a role that (directly or indirectly) supports social justice and equity, wellbeing or social inclusion.
- Candidates must be able to commit to a half-hour introductory session, plus four 60-minute weekly or fortnightly counselling or coaching sessions (face-to-face or online) at mutually agreed times.
- Priority consideration is given to those who face particular barriers, or support people who face particular barriers, in relation to their culture or ethnicity; gender; sexuality; age; disability; socioeconomic circumstances; or geographic isolation.
- Priority consideration is given to candidates whose financial circumstances present an obstacle to accessing paid counselling or coaching*.
* Recipients are under no obligation to book further appointments, after their four allocated sessions.
The Next Step
Simply contact me using the application form on this page and provide a paragraph or two about you, speaking briefly to relevant points from the above. I will then get in touch to let you know if you have been successful and if so, arrange a time for our introductory chat.
I look forward to helping you take real steps towards positive change!
Founder of A Single Step